Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dressy Chocolate Loaf

This is my latest attempt at culinary brilliance...the Dressy Chocolate Loaf.  Two of my co-workers have birthdays and I am taking it to work tomorrow to celebrate!  I saw this on another blog, which shall remain nameless (since I can't remember it).  I am always half-way into a project before I remember to take pictures...


It is a homemade chocolate cake...simple ingredients you would have on hand for the most part...flour, cocoa, sugar, butter, eggs, etc...and sour cream.  Easy to put together but with specific mixing instructions and baked in a loaf pan - a little unusual.  It baked up exactly like the recipe.

After it cools, you slice it into 3 layers and fill with your choice of jam filling...
I had some blackberry filling I made for some berry turnovers...yummy!

Then...semi-sweet chocolate melted over simmering water...
and more sour cream! 

It is amazing!  It turns quickly into a glossy ganache icing.

And the finished dressy loaf...

I'll have to let you know how it tastes...

Blessings!

1 comment:

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

oh my word, how good does that look and looks easy to make, how did it taste????