Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Old to New Switcheroo

Yesterday was a busy day! You know how you set aside a day and you are going to get things done...maybe those things you've wanted to do for awhile...or things you want to try...you know how we women just have this desire to improve our nest.  Yesterday was one of those days. 

It began like every day with my Diet Dr. Pepper and some Greek yogurt with blueberries - yum!  I had bought paint, but the color wasn't quite what I had in mind, so I had to scrap that idea.  I rearranged furniture in the front bedrooms, and the living room.  I cleaned, and spackled holes and de-cluttered. Ahhhh, heavenly.  What is it about a freshly arranged room that gives a feeling of contentment?  It's like having a new room! 

Then! I got the brilliant idea to raise my headboard and hang it on the wall.  It's a rather plain, simple headboard and very short.  With shams, you couldn't even see it.  So, off to Wally World I go to find brackets and home again to accomplish a "new" headboard.  After 3 tries to get 3 brackets level  (I confess  I love to "eyeball" things.)  Finally, success!

I brought the "W" from the living room and made a "new" arrangment on the wall over the bed. I like it!  Once again, the old has become new...total cost for this re-do was the cost of the brackets, maybe $4?  I am so proud of myself!  That headboard is wedged on those brackets tightly! It cannot move!

I have some other projects in the works...but not finished...not ready to reveal.  As I complete them, I will share another next segment of  Old to New Switcheroo. 

Blessings!


4 comments:

Jill said...

Looks great, Momma!! You need to post the banana bread cobbler recipe too. :)

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

looks great!!!

Unknown said...

Just look at you....being all crafty. I don't think I have a crafty bone in my body.

Elaina Weaver said...

Love it!! I wouldn't even attempt something like that by myself. :)