Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blogland

I have tried to post for almost 2 weeks, to no avail.  You bloggers know...sometimes you've just have nothing to say.

I have come to enjoy blogland, made up of  food blogs...decorating blogs...devotional blogs...and creative blogs.  I am especially blessed when I discover the blogger is a follower of Jesus Christ - an instant connection! (There are lots of these women out there!)

Lately, I've noticed a trend...more young women are creating new things out of old...trying to create a lovely home on a budget...striving to raise their children to know and love Jesus.

Creative....such as...

 Mustard Seed Creations...


How cool is this?  An old dresser, painted white and decoupaged with old sheet music (an instant seller for me!)

And this...


 Alchemy Junk...how about wallpapering with newspapers?  Very budget conscious.

Another thing I've noticed is ...white.  Everything is white...the furniture...the walls, the accessories...the linens...the floors...the lighting - white.  Here's just a sampling:














 My Sweet Savannah

and















 Dreamy Whites.

At first, I was a little put off, but I find it is growing on me.  So feminine and clean looking...but
I live in a world of dark leather and darkly stained furniture, florals and prints from Home Interior! This makes the prospect or likelihood of my going "white" quite slim.  And when I try to create some thing of beauty...it rarely turns out.  LOL!

I am most successful with food blogs - imagine that!  Me?  New Recipe?  I have notebooks full of recipes I am waiting for the appropriate time to try.  And I must say, I have more success with food. This morning I tried SoNo Brownies ...can't remember which blog they were on...but they turned out exactly like the picture.  I brought them to work to honor two of my co-workers - Torya, just graduated from the U of A, and Romona, was named Educator of the Year by Cooperative Extension Service - Congratulations, Girls! The brownies were perfect.

So, I guess I will continue to enjoy "meeting" others in the Body...and admire their lovely creations. I'm sure I will continue to try new recipes that look scrumptious and aren't too difficult. I will work hard not to covet the lovely white homes and rooms that looks so appealing.  I will continue to be blessed by those who are learning and growing in the Lord...and those who are rearing their children for Him. All being shared with the world through blogland.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love that first and last picture. I want those to be in my home! :)