Friday, August 21, 2009

Use Me!

Recently,God has allowed me to participate in training and to hear an awesome message on evangelism. The result? My prayer is increasingly becoming - "Use ME, Lord!" I have so many ideas that run through my mind - I believe they come from Him. I am not a particularly creative person - but my God is! Yesterday, I got to spend some time with my parents, an aunt and a cousin(who I do not know well). I thought I would come on home, and my cousin said, "Don't leave! I want to talk to you!" I thought (why would she want to talk to me - she doesn't really know me). After awhile, she asked to see pictures of my family - and I went online to show my facebook photos. She began to share about her son and her daughter - and became emotional. She has raised her children in church - "done her best" so to speak. But they are going through "stuff". I began to share testimony of things in our lives and how God has worked. I hugged her and encouraged her. After a bit, she said, "See? This is why I needed to talk to you!" I had preconceived notions of how God would or could use me. No, I didn't lead anyone to the Lord. I didn't do some great feat. I only encouraged and exhorted a sister to not give up - to keep loving and praying and trusting. I believe God used me! Praise His Name!!!!

No comments: