Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Twists and Turns

Do you ever look back over your life? I know some of you are in the busy, busy time of life; raising children, building careers and hopefully gaining new and exciting insight into our loving Savior and everlasting God! Maybe you haven't lived quite long enough to really - look back. Lately, Jay and I often reminisce and "look back". I guess it just comes with age. We laugh at most things. We truly were so young and stupid at times. Youth has no fear. Youth is invincible. And most of the time, I can say - I think I handled all that craziness pretty well! There are a few times, I wish I could have a "do-over" or I hang my head in shame and regret. But ultimately - it is all those twists and turns of life that make me who I am right now. The hard times have taught me and refined me. The glorious times have given me optimism and hope. The memories give me times to reflect, to be reminded, to enjoy all over again! What a boring life this would be - if it were all flat, the same - no twists or turns.

1 comment:

kelliegene said...

I'm so glad one of your twists and turns brought you here with us.