Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day 2010 ... in the books

Labor Day 2010 has come and gone.  It was different for us, or it seemed different.  We didn't go anywhere or do anything.  We certainly didn't labor.  Very quiet.  Working on music, choir, Living Bethlehem, and the
Ladies Brunch coming up.

I decided to caramelize some onions and peppers, intending to add beef in some way - either meatballs or patties...and saw some chicken I'd thawed.  So, we had chicken fajitas.  Yummy. 

And for dessert...








Baked Apple Dessert






I don't remember the real name.  It's from a Diabetic Living magazine that Joy brought to me.
It was delicious...and healthy!  Of course, anyone who knows me knows...I had piecrust,
so I used it rather than making the biscuit crust in the recipe (next time I'll made the crust)...
and I don't own a custard cup, so I used the smallest jelly jar I have in the middle.

It's an amazing thing.  You can't tell in this picture, but you bake it with the custard cup (or jar)
in the center and the crust on top.  After it cools, you invert it...and all the sauce will be in the
cup.  I know!  I didn't believe it either...but it happens!  Amazing.  I'm sure my sons can tell
me why this happens, but I choose to believe in miracles.

3 comments:

Nitzia said...

that looks yummy, i will have to try it too i bet Sara will enjoy seeing this cool effect :)

Jill said...

The baked apples look yummy!!

Unknown said...

That looks yummy. Do I recognize that jelly jar?????? lol