Monday, March 15, 2010

What's Goin' On?

What's goin' on?  Today I'm ready to share what's goin' on -  in me.  I've been facilitating the Bible study, "Conversation Peace" taught by Mary Kassian.  I went through this study about 10 or more years ago.  I've been thrilled, blessed and convicted all over again with God's Word.  Needless to say, I need this study about every 6 months, we are such forgetful creatures.

It's amazing that God loves us...that He puts up with us while we are on this journey called LIFE.  He is so patient and gracious - forgiving and kind.  He keeps working on me day by day.  The wondrous thing is that if I will only cooperate with Him - He WILL accomplish His will in me.

So, what's the problem?  It is this...
My heart.  That's the problem.  That's the source of ....



















Yep, you got it...the mouth...and not only that, but
Jesus said everything comes out of my heart...my
words...my actions...everything.

Jeremiah says that the heart is deceitful - it lies - and
who can know it?  I know the answer!  Only God.

So, what's goin' on?  A lot of heart cleaning...and a
whole lot of heart "filling" - "Thy Word have I hidden
in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee." (Ps. 119)

Jesus said out of the good treasure of my heart - I can not
only speak right, but do right.  So, it's my job to fill my
heart with treasure...to renew it daily...fill myself with His
thoughts.

Thank You, Lord, for not only showing me my sin, but...
for not leaving me there...
for cleansing and forgiveness...
for providing Your Word to fill my heart...
to guide my steps...
to light my path.

"Let the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to You,
O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer."  - Psalm 19:14