Sunday, March 7, 2010

Marshmallows!

Each week for our ladies Bible study - I make something for them to enjoy.  I love trying new things!  This week, I made homemade marshmallows and then s'mores.  Recipe courtesy of Lick the Bowl Good - a food blog I absolutely love.

I am mimicking Pioneer Woman...here we go!

Ingredients: Sugar, vanilla, gelatin, salt, water, powdered
sugar and cornstarch.














I took a close-up of the big bottle in the back.  I want no misunderstandings,
since the bottle looks like many other things...


















Yes, it's mexican vanilla - my parents used to bring back when they
went to the valley in Texas.

This is water, sugar, and corn syrup...bubbling away until it reaches 240 degrees!


















Combine with water and gelatin and then it's
mixing...mixing...mixing...mixing...12-15 minutes!
Whew! Thank the Lord for Kitchenaid!  I began
to worry it would overheat and quit, but it didn't.


Then you spread this fluffy, sticky mixture into a sprayed pan
coated with powdered sugar and cornstarch and leave them
sitting out on the the counter...


 
And 10 hours later...voila!

 
marshmallows!!!! 

 

Final step...dipping in chocolate and graham cracker crumbs... 
As Rachel says...Yum-o!

And here is a bonus...for free...

one of my new favorites
Peanut Butter 'n Jelly Pie...before Cool Whip...and after!
I'm off to Ladies Bible Study!  If I fill my mouth with
good things...it leaves me less time to put my foot in it.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those do look Yum-o