Saturday, July 4, 2009

Like no other...

Today I've been meditating - thinking about the journey my daughter and son-in-law, Jill and Alex, have been traveling. 3 years or so ago, they decided it was time to start their family. They had no idea how long or how emotional a journey it would be. None of us had any idea that the struggle with infertility is filled with highs and lows - joys and sorrows - ups and downs - hope and despair. We praise God every day that He chose to bless them now and that they are joyously anticipating the arrival of their little girl in November! I've been mulling over the fact that there have been other little ones created during this process that did not survive. I am fully persuaded these little ones await their Mom and Dad (Jill and Alex) in heaven. I am also fully convinced they were unique individuals, with characteristics and qualities that make them absolutely like no other person who ever was or ever will be. This brought me to a very wonderful conclusion: I can't publish her name, but our baby girl who will arrive in a very few months, could never have been conceived at any other time - she is exactly who God chose to join the family - to bless Jill and Alex's home. I cannot know the mind of God, but for whatever reason - this is the person He chose to entrust to them. She is a unique individual like no other. How awesome!

3 comments:

Faith said...

What a beautiful post! Praising God with you for how He has answered all of our prayers and given you all this sweet blessing!

Monte and Missy said...

What a marvelous creator our Father is! I always love reading your posts. And very excited to meet all these new faces come this Fall!
Love,
Missy

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

AMEN!!!! Hugs