Monday, May 4, 2009

Finishing Well

Friday night my daugher, Jayna, graduated with her Associate's degree. She started this journey almost 4 years ago. Although married and the mother of two - she took her ACT again, scoring high enough to win a scholarship. Then she discovered she was pregnant. In March of the next year, Joylyn was born. This was just a detour for Jayna. After Joylyn turned 1, Jayna started the process again of enrolling and starting her college education. It has taken a great deal of determination and persistence - but Friday, it paid off. She graduated with a 3.85 gradepoint.
I was reminded that scripture admonishes us not only to finish, but to finish well. Jayna finished this leg of her journey quite well. Looking at my children rejoicing over her accomplishment on Friday night, I realized again that I am growing older! It's hard to believe, but it's true. LOL! I've been on my journey over 57 years and like everyone else, I've no idea when my journey will end. I am determined to finish well.

No comments: