Friday, June 22, 2012

Random thoughts...


This week, my precious Lord has brought several various and wonderful things to me. Books, Bible studies, quotes (I LOVE quotes), blogs, recipes, beautiful things, visits with my children...MUSIC. 

They...
  • Delight me
  • Inspire me
  • Challenge me
  • Fill me
  • Soothe me
  • Convict me of sin

Isn't He GOOD???


I jokingly say that I am the most trained woman in the world - a gross overstatement.  I will, though, have much to give account for when I meet my Savior face to face.  I want to know about every ministry, how to do it...I want to do every Bible study.  I am always manage to gain one truth from each study, but in no way could I say I have successfully applied every truth from every study to my life.
Here's a sample:

  • Sign Language
  • Clowning
  • English as a 2nd Language
  • Women's Ministry - (have almost completed basic certificate)
  • Crisis Pregnancy/Abortion Trauma/women in Crisis
  • Christian Education
  • More Bible Studies than I can count
  • Leadership Training
What does this mean to me?  I am accountable. 


I am reminded He is always working on me, and in me, and through me. He always has my best at heart,
even then I can’t see or understand this. I can TRUST Him.

I don’t always like myself...but He DOES.

I don’t have any power to change myself...but He stands ready to do it, if I will just cooperate. Lately, I have felt very inadequate...somewhat frustrated...dissatisfied.  These feelings drive me to praise...to His Word. And He has been faithful to point out things in me that needed to be addressed, changed, repented of, abandoned forever if possible.  Isn't He FAITHFUL??

I am SO thankful for the age, the place, and the family (both physical and spiritual) He has chosen for
me. In this stage of my life (sigh), I believe I may already be in “winter” – I am thankful He is allowing
me to invest in the lives of others. I am trying to be sensitive to His Spirit and willing to spend myself
and my resources to enrich the lives of others...to show the WAY...to help promote growth...to simply
demonstrate love. I am equally as thankful for those He sends to enrich my life, love me and invest in me.

We live in a marvelous age of technology...we are exposed to more teaching and resources than any age
before (which will bring a higher level of accountability). We get updates to let us know when there are
new books, new articles...new experiences through which others have learned more about our Father – and
they share it with us!  I am so thankful for these obedient ones, who faithfully share what God has done in their life.

So thankful, Lord!

What came your way this week?  What blessed you?  Challenged you?  Convicted you?  I am sure He has been around your place this week too!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You invested so much into us kiddos and now you're doing the same for your grandchildren. I can't wait to read the book you left for me.

Loved this post.

I'm typing up the questions for Joy and her Bible Study group and I'm finding myself learning and being convicted just from the questions!! It's a good thing actually. :)

I love you, Mama!

Mom said...

All the time. Wonderful words. Thanks, Iam constantly challenged by you and and your words. I love youm Momma