Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Faith is...

This is the title of a wonderful little book I was first introduced to years ago (it appears to be out of print now).  It has been speaking to me lately, so I think I will share it little by little, until led otherwise.

Faith is...
                 The conviction of realities I cannot see or feel.

On this page in my little book,  I have added Hebrews 11:1.  We walk by faith, not by sight.  We walk by faith, not by feelings.  Often in the Psalms, David cries out regarding all he "feels"...but then he always speaks truth to himself (and to us) regarding what "is".  I feel lost and undone.  The truth, the reality, is - God is holding me in His hand...He is in control...He is ABLE...He has a plan for me...it will be accomplished.

True faith believes in real things that cannot be seen or even felt - on God's Word - it is enough.

No comments: