Tuesday, December 21, 2010

God's Forever Plan



(Painting above by Brian Jekel)

This morning I was reading Luke 2:21-52...the focus was on the faithfulness of Simeon and Anna to wait for the Christ to appear. But the verses that grabbed my attention are part of the blessing given by Simeon:

"For mine eyes have seen Thy salvation
which Thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of Thy people, Israel."
verses 30-32

I am fairly certain the few folks who do read this blog...are Gentiles.  God's forever plan - hallelujah - was to send light to the Gentiles....US!  We were never an afterthought, or something God thought up later on when He saw what a mess we were. 
This may not excite you, but it never fails to thrill my soul!

Thank You, Lord for your forever plan to redeem ALL mankind...every nation, tongue, tribe.

Happy, Holy Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

This is about the third or fourth thing I've read about US being part of the plan from the beginning. God must be trying to tell me something! It's not something I had really thought about - whether I was part of the plan from the beginning, I know I am part of the plan now! Have to go back to prayer on this one and see if God will share a few more breadcrumbs with me.