Friday, January 22, 2010

A Little Gratitude

Some of you who know me, know that my dad isn't well.  Even though I was with my parents last week, all day Wednesday, I kept feeling this strong feeling that I needed to go to my mom and dad's.   I told my husband when I got home from work, "I feel like I need to go to Mom and Dad's when I get off at noon tomorrow" - and of course, he said - "Go".  So,  I emailed mom, "I'm coming tomorrow.  I will spend the night."  I got her response and it was full of relief - "I'm go glad you are coming.  I need you.  We got the hospital bed and the full bed is in the front bedroom - my furniture is everywhere."   Her distress was evident.

Then I realized that it was the Lord was impressing me to go - He knew the need and I didn't.  

So, today I moved furniture around, packed and put things in storage. (I wish I had a before and after pic!)  Now my mom has a neat, and somewhat orderly home again.  She feels less overwhelmed and we got to spend the day together. I enjoyed it!  I feel like I got to show a just little bit of gratitude for my "raising" - for all my parents have done for me in my life.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you were able to go and spend the day with Grandma. She needs time with her girl too. :)

Can't wait to see you on Sunday...we miss you!!

Nitzia said...

i didn't know your dad has been sick. it's great you got to spend time with them and got to help your mom. you are a good daughter!