Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random Thoughts

Jay and I have been made aware this past year how much MORE we pray for our children now - than ever before. Seems there is always so much to trust God for - to turn over to Him. More people involved: spouses and grandchildren. Our grandson, Jackson, is one funny kid. Fearless when it comes to riding his turtle off a small trampoline, or jumping in a pool, or stepping off a step. But terrified of child-sized carolers. (long story) Some days, I feel like I'm still 18 - others, I doubt I'll make it to 65... Mothering is the most wonderful thing I've ever done - I am blessed every single day! Rick Warren says something about life runnning along 2 tracks: there is always something good going on and there is always something bad. I'm beginning to agree with him! While I have regrets and things I'd like to "do over" - I am continually amazed at this journey I've been on for almost 58 years. It's been quite a ride. I ask Jay all the time, "why us?" "Why did God allow us to do this or that, or allow us to hear this preacher or that, or be exposed to the things we've had the privilege to learn?" I will so enjoy asking the Lord all these questions. Randy Alcorn in his book, Deadline (read if you haven't!), proposes the idea that our first experience in heaven will be going back over our life and seeing all the things we can't see right now (in the physical realm) and understanding what God was doing, or what He wanted us to do, etc. I am looking so forward to that. Random thoughts...

1 comment:

billson family said...

"Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?"
2 Samuel 7:18-- just one of many things I learned through my Bible study this summer. I can only imagine how much more that verse will mean to me as the years go by. I love you Mama!!

-JB