Thursday, February 13, 2014

Job

This morning my devotional reading was from the last chapter in Job.  God has just finished putting Job in his place, so to speak and Job now responds:
  • You are God and you can do everything and no one can stop You.
  • I spoke about things I didn't understand and I take back everything I said.
  • I repent - and I will demonstrate this repentance by sitting in ashes.
I don't know about you, but I frequently speak about things I don't understand.  I have to take back alot of what I say too.

The next one is the "rub" - repentance.  Do I truly repent?  I think not, if I am doing this repeatedly, whether it is talking or any other action.

I saw this on Facebook yesterday: "The tongue is the tail of the heart..."  There was more, but this was the part that grabbed my attention.  It made me think of a wagging tongue like a literal tail. 

Every word and action comes straight from our heart.  We try to deny it, but the Word of God says it is so.

My tongue reveals my heart.  My tongue wags in the direction of my heart. 

Listen to your words...which way is your tongue wagging?  Is it godly, kind, helpful to those who hear?

Just found this on www.willowbirdbaking.com:

                                                                  THINK before you speak!
                                                     before you criticize, before your complain
                                                       before you share, before you proclaim
       
                                                                 T     -    is it true?
                                                                 H    -     is it helpful?
                                                                  I     -     is it inspiring?
                                                                 N    -     is it necessary?
                                                                 K    -     is it kind?
 
Let's apply God's Word to our hearts so we will have the tongue of the wise - uplifting, edifying, nourishing and good.
 
"...and in her tongue is the law of kindness."
 
 
BLESSINGS!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I really needed this! Great blog! Thanks!